Some tips for All My Movies usage in the network
Starting with version 6.0 All My Movies is able to work in the network. It means you can share your movie database file in your local network and open it from several computers simultaneously. Here are some points for better understanding how the network mode works.
1. You can add new movies from the several computers simultaneously, but you can't see the new movies added from other computers until you reopen the database. We have added a special key shortcut CTRL-ALT-R for a quick database refresh. So, press CTRL-ALT-R keys to see all the changes made from other computers.
2. When the same movie is edited from several computers at once, the database will keep only those changes that were made the latest. In this case, you won't be notified about the collision.
3. When you try to edit a movie record that was just deleted from another computer, your changes will not be saved and you'll get a warning message.
4. By default, the database will be opened in full (i.e. read and edit) access mode from every computer in your network. It is possible to set the password for the database changes in the Preferences (menu item Tools-Preferences), "Expert options" tab. With this protection enabled, your database will be opened in read-only mode. You can protect your database from unauthorized changes in that way.
To share the database in your network, just place the database file to some network shared folder. You can use menu item "Database-Backup..." for placing the database file in the folder selected.
Our customer say
"Wow, I'm really impressed with All My Movies! All my DVD/Bluray discs are ripped onto my HTPC hard drive. I went to Tools and chose Scan Drive For Movies and all 129 movies were cataloged. It wasn't long before I figured out how to gather covers and all the info about all my movies; all done with the click of a mouse. This is a very visual pleasing, mouse friendly, program. I downloaded several programs, both free and not. This is heads and shoulders above the rest. One of the best things about All My Movies is that by double clicking on the picture of the movie it automatically launches the default media player and plays it. Everything else seemed pretty intuitive."
Mark James - Rating: 4.9 -
Paid Version Benefits:
- FREE technical support
- FREE minor version updates
- No time limits
- No nag screens
- No feature limits