Some tips for All My Movies usage in the network
Starting with version 6.0 All My Movies is able to work in the network. It means you can share your movie database file in your local network and open it from several computers simultaneously. Here are some points for better understanding how the network mode works.
1. You can add new movies from the several computers simultaneously, but you can't see the new movies added from other computers until you reopen the database. We have added a special key shortcut CTRL-ALT-R for a quick database refresh. So, press CTRL-ALT-R keys to see all the changes made from other computers.
2. When the same movie is edited from several computers at once, the database will keep only those changes that were made the latest. In this case, you won't be notified about the collision.
3. When you try to edit a movie record that was just deleted from another computer, your changes will not be saved and you'll get a warning message.
4. By default, the database will be opened in full (i.e. read and edit) access mode from every computer in your network. It is possible to set the password for the database changes in the Preferences (menu item Tools-Preferences), "Expert options" tab. With this protection enabled, your database will be opened in read-only mode. You can protect your database from unauthorized changes in that way.
To share the database in your network, just place the database file to some network shared folder. You can use menu item "Database-Backup..." for placing the database file in the folder selected.
Our customer say
"I love All My Movies, I use it every day! We have hard copy and binders of movies everywhere and for the first time in my life I can find what i want to watch, you have created a dream program and the fast updates and improvements are unheard of in todays software world."
Jon Sebastian - Rating: 4.9 -
Paid Version Benefits:
- FREE technical support
- FREE minor version updates
- No time limits
- No nag screens
- No feature limits