So, you decided to transfer your book collection from All My Books for Windows® to mobile All My Books on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch using the local file. This way is for those who hasn't quick (or cheap!) Internet connection both on desktop and mobile device.
You will need the following:
- All My Books software version 3.3 or up installed. You can check the version number using menu item "Help-About" in the program.
- All My Books for iPhone installed
- iTunes version 10.0 or up installed
- USB-cable, connecting your device with the computer
Is everything in place? Let's go! The transfer process will be performed in two stages:
- Preparing the file for trasferring
- Transferring the file to your device with iTunes
Preparing the file for trasferring
- Start All My Books on your computer
- Use menu item "Tools - Export to... - Export to mobile device..." or just press CTRL-M keys to open the export wizard
- Select the highlighted option in the wizard dialog:
and press "Next" button
- Select the export options. For higher cover images resolution select export to Tablet. If you want to update the existing collection you may select "Added or modified since the last export" option and save your time and traffic. You can see the number of books in brackets.
- Press "Start" button and wait for program to prepare the export file. When the file is ready, the program will ask for the folder where to save it. Remember that folder. You will need it in the further steps.
Transferring the file to your device with iTunes
- Connect your mobile device (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) to your computer using USB-cable. Start iTunes.
- Select the iPhone icon at the upper left of the screen and then select "File Sharing".
- Select All My Books app (1), Click on "Add..." button (2) there and select the saved amb.zip file from the folder you should remember from the previous steps.
Start All My Books on your mobile device, it should ask you to import the collection. Agree! :)
Now your book collection is always with you, wherever you go! Be always in the know which books you own and which ones are still on your wishlist! Enjoy! :)