between any old movie collection and a REAL movie collection? Well if you own 2 old VHS tapes but can't remember what's on them, technically that's a collection of sorts I guess but the real thing would involve a large number of movies collected by someone who knows what they have. The problem is that once it gets really large even the most dedicated collector can start to forget key details!
Next question: What's the difference between a movie collection and a movie library? If a private movie library there is no actual obligation to lend out your movies, though it can certainly be a feature. The real key difference between a collection and a library is organization of data.
Just a collection of movies - or a movie library?
Here's 7 questions that help answer that question:
Do you actually call it your "movie library"? If so, score 6 points!
How many movies do you have from the year 1998? If you don't know, lose a point.
Which movies in your library start with the letter M? Don't know? Lose a point.
What percentage of your movie library are comedies? Not sure? Lose another point.
Your friend says he cannot remember if he borrowed some movie a few months ago or not. Can you prove he did with a record of the title, format and the date he borrowed it? If not, lose 2 points!
Your significant other claims you don't like romance movies. Without physically counting, how many romance movies do you have? Lose or gain one point.
The bonus question - can you immediately bring up a whole heap of details about any of your movies, from the year of production to the main actor's birthday? If so congratulations, for you're either connected to and surfing the internet - or you're a true movie librarian!
If you scored less than 6 points, it's just a movie collection, which is fine as it goes but it's not really a movie library. If you scored 6 points then either you already have or you really need some movie library software!
The internet is a great place to find data but applying it to your very own library is a completely different ball game. That's where All My Movies by Bolide Software comes into its own. This movie library software has come to dominate its niche with a combination of being user friendly, affordable and most importantly, specially designed for movies!
If you're proud of your movies or just want to get your collection truly organized, do what librarians have been doing for centuries - create a library! This time not for books but for movies, a movie library, for all your movies!
All My Movies - Very good program "I use All My Movies and Books. very good programs. very good to organize your collections. very helpful when browsing bookstores or videostors, to eliminate duplicate purchases." Ralph Milam - Rating: 4.5 -
10 Reasons you why should use All My Movies™ as your movie library software.
· Everybody wants and needs to get things organized. All My Movies does this ALL for you for ALL of your movie collections, both for DVD and Blu-ray discs
· All My Movies will create a movie library for you that will help you easily keep track of ALL your movies. Quick, easy and FUN!
· With easy organization and many, many categories, you will be able to locate a particular movie in a matter of seconds. You never have to rummage through your shelves or DVD boxes again.
· All My Movies will help you to determine and search by your favorite movie genre. It can show you statistics for just about every genre. Many other statistic possibilities are available due to the storage techniques used by All My Movies.
· All My Movies will allow you to see who played the main role in each movie and will also show you an actor photo and his or her biography if you want.
· All My Movies will contain many interesting details about your movies and celebrities. Starring roles, supporting roles, second string actors, etc: the list goes on, all with their own biographies.
· All My Movies will impress your friends on how fast, quick and easy it is to find your movies and all the information and details about each movie or a person.
· All My Movies will show all your movie title covers like glossy magazine pictures.
· All My Movies remembers all the disks you have lent to somebody. Never again do you have to lose your movies, or remember who you lent them to. All My Movies keeps track of them all for you.
· All the possible benefits of using All My Movies outweigh the several hours (or even minutes!) that you've ever spend looking for a movie in your list.