Navigation: Movie Tasks >
Adding a new movie automatically
All My Movies allows you to add a new movie, without any need to enter the movie details into the fields by hand. To add a new movie, the program connects to a selected online database and downloads all the information automatically.
Currently, All My Movies supports over 14 source databases: Amazon.com, IMDb. com, Kinopoisk.ru, OFDb.de, Amazon.de, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.fr, cinebel.be, Amazon.ca, and many many others.
To add a new movie, click on the toolbar or go Movie > Add... (see the image below).
You'll see the Movie card dialog below. Now, you can fill in the fields with the required information manually. However the easiest way is to download all information from the internet and get the card fields completed automatically. To do so, you need to enter the original title or title of the movie into the required field, select the online database and press Enter to start the search.
The name of the database selected for search is displayed in the caption of the dialog.
The list of the online databases in the drop-down menu is divided by a line. The sources above the line are pre-installed into the program, the sources below the line are added after the installation of plug-ins. The list of all possible plug-ins is available at the website.
To run the search by the movie title:
1. Enter the movie title into the Original Title field.
2. Select the information source from the drop-down menu of the Lookup button.
3. Click the Lookup button to start the search.
Once the search has finished, you'll be offered the listing of all found items (see the screenshot below). If the search returns no results, you can select another information source and repeat the search. When you found the movie you need, download it to All My Movies.
4. Select the correct movie records from the list.
5. Double-click the movie.
The movie information is automatically loaded into the movie card. The downloaded movie information includes the original title, title, director, scenario, country, year, genre, rating, actors, and the URL of the information source in the Metadata tab (see an example below).
You can as well add some extra information about the movie. For example, you can set Rating, select the movie genre (Genres) and tick the Wishlist and Seen checkboxes. Adding these tags to a movie will help you to find it when you sort and filter out the movie records.
You can also add some more information in the Additional tab.
6. Click the Additional tab.
You will see the dialog below.
In the Additional tab, you can enter some inventory information about the movie from your collection, such as duration, full size, subtitles, studio, resolution, aspect ratio, etc and set some addition characteristics of video and audio streams.
In the next tab - Media Info - you can add meta information about the movie.
7. Click the Media Info tab.
You will see the dialog below.
Here you can set the number of the movie in your collection manually or tick the Assign automatically checkbox to get it added to every new movie by the program itself. You can also specify the date when the movie has been added to the database (Date added), location of the movie in the house (Location) or a local path to the movie (Local path), and price of the movie (Price). The URL field is usually filled out and displays the URL address of the source information that was used for automatic extraction of the information about the movie.
8. The next tab, which is called Screenshots, displays the screenshots which have been downloaded by the software itself, as well as gives an opportunity to add your own screenshots. The option is absolutely great! Right click on the movie card - there opens a pop-up menu where among other options you can find Add screenshot option (or you may just press Ctrl+S). In the tab you can see a scroll bar at the bottom - by movie a scroller you can choose the snaps you like most of all and using button save the screenshots into the database. You can add as many screenshots as you like!
As you can see, adding a movie to the database is extremely easy and takes little time.
9. In the movie card there are also Custom fields and Episodes tabs are available - here you can add more fields if you need them and add info about season number, episode number, season title; as well as mark episodes seen, add a new episode to the episode list and set a local path to it:
10. Click OK to close the movie card or click the Next movie button to add a new movie.
When the movie is added to the database, you can see it listed in the Movie Title List.